photo FB_zps784c12e8.png height= height=

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Guest Blog // Kay English Photography - Fall Wedding

Fall is pretty much just around the corner here in Alabama. That means pumpkins, changing leaves, crisp mornings, and cozy nights in front of the fire with a wool blanket. Alright, I am obsessed, if you can't tell. 

Autumn is a beautiful time to get married and the decorating can be so much fun! I was searching Pinterest (go figure) for great fall wedding inspirations and I came across Kay English Photography. She is a wedding photographer based in New Jersey and WOW, they are beautiful! And of course I fell in love with her post about Fall wedding.


In her blog she mentions that "Fall weddings are the new Spring weddings." I could not agree more. Maybe it is just my obsession with the season that makes me biased, but I believe that Fall is the new Spring. Yes, Spring bring the new life and the pretty pinks, but Fall is accompanied by the rustic colors and the sense of new beginnings. 


Decorating for a Fall wedding is exciting. The burlap (which seems to always be popular), the sunflowers, gold, lace, and wood are all used frequently in rustic Fall weddings. 


The Fall color pallets are probably my absolute favorite. Have fun with it. Combine the reds with the browns and pinks. The pop of color against a white wedding dress is breathtaking. Sage, gold, and deep purple are also gorgeous. 

     




She talks about the importance of a centerpiece for a Fall wedding. Don't be timid. Go big or go home! The centerpiece is usually the first thing your guests will see when they walk in to the reception. Make it a statement. 


Have fun with the planning and decorating. Fall brings so much organic aspects. Use the pumpkins, the acorns, and even the fallen leaves to draw inspiration! 







This last picture is my favorite! I love the incorporation of the pumpkin candy corn! 



Happy Fall Y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for providing tips for fall weddings!! I loved your decor tips especially combining sunflowers, laces and wood. Well, my cousins love red and white roses. We are looking for destination Las Vegas Weddings and would it be great idea to have a similar theme there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very good post, I have written a lot, Last time I read about screen mirroring, how to do screen mirroring from laptop to TV, it is written in this article, You can click on the link to read our article screen mirroring android

    ReplyDelete
  3. your article was very good thanks so nice b
    To give information, I read such an article on the blog which Screen mirroring technology.

    ReplyDelete